2019 Spring Fun Run Facilitor Needed! PTO needs your help facilitating the Spring 19 Fun Run at MVE (and coordinating efforts for the Fun Run at NE)....
Who are we? The MVE/NE PTO is a volunteer organization whose main purposes are to create an open line of communication between parents and MVE/NE, while also organizing several fundraising opportunities throughout the academic year that directly support teachers’ classrooms, student materials and larger school needs (technology, STEM supplies, and more). We hold meetings approx. 5-6 times during the year, and often offer childcare during our meeting.
Some of our common fundraisers and activities include:
- Book Fair: We plan and run a Scholastic Book Fair at NE (in the fall) and MVE (in the spring).
- Box Tops for Education: We receive $.10 for each label collected from a variety of products, such as General Mills cereals, Avery school and office products, and Kleenex just to name a few.
- Fun Run: Our Fun Run is one of two major fundraisers that we do each year. Kids collect pledges either for a flat amount, or for the number of laps they can complete during a timed event. This event occurs in early September.
- King Soopers Cards: Any families who purchase King Soopers gift cards can help our schools earn 5% from all your purchases at no extra cost to you!
- Restaurant Nights: Many local restaurants (Colonna’s Pizza, Firehouse Subs, and more…) support Mountain View and Northeast by offering us a “night” to dine in (or take-out!); they then donate a portion of proceeds directly to the MVE/NE PTO for use by our schools!
- School Supply Kits: This is a service offered by the NE/MV PTO which allows families to purchase school supplies in a pre-packaged kit that is delivered right to their home during the summer before the school year begins.
- Staff Appreciation: We host several meals (and provide occasional treats!) to staff members to show our appreciation for all their hard work and dedication to our kids.
- Teacher Grants: The MVE/NE PTO invites teachers to apply for grants to support requests for their classrooms; parents in attendance at PTO meetings can help us with the review/approval process for Teacher Grants.
are greatly appreciated!