Join us for our PTA 5K Run/Walk January 31, 2016!! Come with us to the Florida PTA HealthSummit Nov 13-14 in Orlando!
Join us for our Inaugural PTA 5K Run/Walk DATE CHANGE!! January 31, 2016, Sunday, from 8am-11am as we invite our community to take steps toward better health!
Online registration is thru 01/29/16, thru link: https://runsignup.com/Race/FL/LakeWorth/PalmBeachPTA5K
and after that onsite registration only, with forms available at various locations/PTA school sites in Palm Beach County.
T-shirts/sizes are guaranteed to participants registered prior to Jan 14, 2016. :D
The Palm Beach County Council is a member of the largest advocacy group for children in the nation. The council supports PTA units at schools thoughout Palm Beach Countyl and currently has over 16,000 parent, teacher, student and community members. The Council is governed by approved bylaws designed to meet specific objectives. The Council will interpret, promote and support the basic policies of the State and National PTA. As such we are a 501(c)(3)
A Council serves as a medium between the State and the loca unit. A Council strenthens each local unit byu enabling it to work more effectively within its schools and its community.
The Palm Beach County Council will provide relevant traning and provide resources needed to assist in the success of the local unitl Council meetings are used to promote advocacy for all children within Palm Beach County.
The Council provides a forum for public information that can stimulate action of current issues that relate to children.
Palm Beach County Council of PTA/PTSA Supports and Provides:
- Leadership Trianing
- Arts & Cultural Programs
- Legislative Updates/Workshops
- Study Discussion Opportunities
- Local Unit Achievement Awards
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Family Events
- and much, MUCH more!
Making Every Child’s Potential a Reality!PTA MISSION
- To Be A Powerful Voice For ALL CHILDREN,
- To Be A Relevant Resource For Families & Communities, &
- To Be A Strong Advocate For The Education & Well-Being Of Every Child
- To Promote The Welfare Of Children & Youth In The Home, School, Community, & Place of Worship
- To Raise The Standard Of Home-Life
- To Secure Laws For The Care & Protection Of Children & Youth
- To Bring Into Closer Relation The Home & The School, That Parents & Teachers May Cooperate Intelligently In The Education Of Children & Youth
- To Develop, Between Educators & The General Public, Such United Efforts As Will Secure For All Children & Youth The Highest Advantages In Physical, Mental, Social & Spiritual Education.
2016 Legislative Priorities - Taking Action for Kids!
The overall purpose of PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.