Check your School Mail Box!!
You will be receiving a welcome letter and membership in the Pony Mail at school, as a reminder if you have not done so, to please submit your 2016-2017 Palm Beach County Membership Form with Dues Payments by October 15, 2016.
These are separate from the Florida/National Dues you send in to FPTA.
And as always, if you are able to, Palm Beach County Council PTA is always appreciative of donations to further training, leadership, health & wellness grants, scholarships, and local unit resources. Thanks!
The Penny Sales Tax is on the ballot for the November 8 election. Our local schools will receive 50% of all revenue raised for the sales tax. The county will receive 30% and the cities will receive 20%. For a complete list of projects, including what your child’s school will receive if the sales tax Is approved, visit www.onecountyonepenny.org
We need everyone’s help to educate the community about why our schools need this tax. Here are some things you can do right now:
Visit the school district Facebook and Twitter pages daily and share the posts about the penny sales tax. Remember, algorithms keep you from seeing everything that is posted, so it’s important to visit the sites each day.
Write a quick letter to your editor about the need for the tax or why you support it. The power of parents are real, and when you speak, people listen! The email list for the local papers is under documents tab: "Newspaper Emails."
The District will have yard signs available beginning on Monday, October 3rd. Call Judee Cabrera 434-8771 to pick up a sign. Because there is only a limited number, please only request a sign if you live on a heavily traveled road or if you would like to organize a group to do sign waving outside of your school.
The Palm Beach County Council is a member of the largest advocacy group for children in the nation. The council supports PTA units at schools thoughout Palm Beach Countyl and currently has over 16,000 parent, teacher, student and community members. The Council is governed by approved bylaws designed to meet specific objectives. The Council will interpret, promote and support the basic policies of the State and National PTA. As such we are a 501(c)(3)
A Council serves as a medium between the State and the loca unit. A Council strenthens each local unit byu enabling it to work more effectively within its schools and its community.
The Palm Beach County Council will provide relevant traning and provide resources needed to assist in the success of the local unitl Council meetings are used to promote advocacy for all children within Palm Beach County.
The Council provides a forum for public information that can stimulate action of current issues that relate to children.
Palm Beach County Council of PTA/PTSA Supports and Provides:
- Leadership Trianing
- Arts & Cultural Programs
- Legislative Updates/Workshops
- Study Discussion Opportunities
- Local Unit Achievement Awards
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Family Events
- and much, MUCH more!
Making Every Child’s Potential a Reality!PTA MISSION
- To Be A Powerful Voice For ALL CHILDREN,
- To Be A Relevant Resource For Families & Communities, &
- To Be A Strong Advocate For The Education & Well-Being Of Every Child
- To Promote The Welfare Of Children & Youth In The Home, School, Community, & Place of Worship
- To Raise The Standard Of Home-Life
- To Secure Laws For The Care & Protection Of Children & Youth
- To Bring Into Closer Relation The Home & The School, That Parents & Teachers May Cooperate Intelligently In The Education Of Children & Youth
- To Develop, Between Educators & The General Public, Such United Efforts As Will Secure For All Children & Youth The Highest Advantages In Physical, Mental, Social & Spiritual Education.