Car Line Volunteers - Sign-up!
Parents, if you are interested in being a parent helper at car line:
- Make sure your background check info is current.
- Sign-up to volunteer via this Sign-up Genius! Car Loop Sign-up!
- Only 2 parents are needed per car line shift.
- All volunteers must be masked regardless of vaccination status.
- Teachers will put the students in the cars.
- Come ready to do whatever the teachers need help with.
Car Line: Map, Tips and Tricks
MORE TIPS FOR CAR LINE!
As the bus shortage continues to further impact our school, here are some more tips for you to follow that will help improve the efficiency of our car line! Together we can minimize this disruption to our mornings and afternoons!
1. BE READY: School doors open at approximately 7:50am and 2:30pm. If you are in the front of the line, be ready with kids unbuckled with masks and backpacks on so they can jump out of the car and head to their destination! If you are picking up, put a sign in your window with your child's name so we can start getting them ready for you!
2. GET IN and OUT QUICKLY: As you pull into the parking lot give your kids all their, "I love yous," back pack, water bottle, and mask reminders. When they get into the car encourage them to be speedy! Then get ready to rock and roll! If you need to do buckles consider pulling out of the parking lot first and securing safety belts once you are out of the traffic flow.
3. FOLLOW THE SIGNS: The trickiest spot in car line is the car that has to pull all the way up! If you are the front car in the next batch, pull ALL THE WAY UP to the teacher that is waving to you! This is slightly passed the sidewalk. Now more cars behind you will be able to pull up and let kids in and out.
4. STAY FOCUSED: There are so many distractions at pick-up and drop off! Make sure to keep your head in the game and avoid any other distractions (You know which distraction we are talking about - the one with the glowing screen). Stay aware of the car line helper instructions and the cars around you! Also tell your kids to stay focused at pick-up! We want them looking for you too!
5. COMMUNICATE WITH THE FRONT OFFICE: At pick-up, if your student who normally rides an active bus will be a car rider for the day, make sure your student and the front office is aware so we can have the students downstairs and ready! Also, make sure your contact info is up to date so you receive all the school's ConnectEd messages.
Together we can do this! GO MALLARDS!
Use the widget on the left to pay for membership via PayPal!
Fill out your membership form here!
Our Membership Drive Starts NOW!
***Students in the Class with the highest PTO membership by October 22nd get to pick a free prize from the Duck Buck cart!***
Mayo Spirit Wear
Let your Mallard Spirit shine! MES has two local Spirit Wear Shops who return a portion of your sales to our PTO!
SnoPro Tees is located on Ponder Dr., so you can choose to pick up your items at our supplier once you receive the "ready for pick up" email. Snow Pro Tees offers a variety of Mayo Mallard clothing at a reasonable price! Click to shop at SnoProTees
Your Preppy Present is also offering a line of Mayo Mallard Spirit Wear. Masks are currently available but more items are coming! Click to shop at Your Preppy Present