Each December, volunteers create an Eakin toy store open for our families who needed assistance during the holidays. The toy store is set up in our auditorium and open for shopping on the last day of the semester. Thanks to the generosity of our community, last year we were able to provide gifts for over 200 children!
Toy & Food Drive Details
Drop-off dates: November 20 to December 14
Where to Bring Donations: Food donation bins are at all school entrances. Toys donations may be given to your child's teacher.
Current Donation Needs:
1. New unwrapped Toys/Gifts (ages baby to teen)
• Especially dolls/toys that reflect our diverse student body
If you are considering making a donation to the Eakin Toy Drive, but are tight on time to get to a store or short on ideas about what to buy, consider ordering something off of the Amazon wish list created by Ms. Hippel, Eakin's Family Involvement Specialist. You may have items shipped to you and bring them into school, or alternatively you may have the toy delivered to Ms. Hippel's attention at Eakin (2500 Fairfax Avenue, Nashville, TN 37212).
2. Non-perishable foods. Suggestions by grade level:
• K: pasta sauce (no glass), boxes of macaroni & cheese
• 1st: cereal bars, granola bars, fruit bars
• 2nd: canned chicken, canned tuna
• 3rd: canned green beans, canned peas, canned carrots
• 4th: apple sauce (no glass), peanut butter (no glass)
The Eakin Holiday Food Drive team is in need of volunteers to help with unpacking food, gathering supplemental food, bagging food, and giving away food. Please view the volunteer needs and sign-up to help Eakin families in need this holiday season!
Families Needing Assistance
The annual Andrea-Morrison Baker Toy Store will be setup on December 21st. If your family needs help with holiday toys or food for the winter break, please let your child's teacher know by December 11th. Eakin staff will contact you to setup a time to shop in the store on December 21st.