Park Springs welcomes back the Scholastic Book Fair the week of October 6th! Students will shop during their Media Class time.
Students are strongly encouraged to shop using the Scholastic e-Wallet feature so there is limited cash handling between students and volunteers. E-Wallet details and instructions will be sent closer to the event date.
Volunteers are welcome to assist at the book fair!** We need smiling faces to make our book fair a success! Parents, grandparents, and friends of Park Springs are all welcome to volunteer. Volunteers are responsible for working with the students on the sales floor to choose a best-fit book, helping students make purchases within their budget (e-wallet or occasional cash purchases), restocking shelves, and general help at the event.
We thank you for following the policies and procedures of the book fair:
- Each volunteer spot must be scheduled on this site by 6:00 pm the day before the event.
- Walk-in volunteers are not permitted.
- Volunteers are asked to help students shop on the sales floor.
- Volunteers may not use the Registers without prior training and clearance from Mrs. Jimenez or the PTO Board. Please be respectful of these procedures and remain on the sales floor.
- Volunteers who do work the register may not ring up their own purchases. Please do not use your personal credit card for student purchases while using the register.
- Volunteers will receive 20% off their book fair purchases with a commitment to a full 90-minute volunteer shift. A discount is not valid for family members who come in to shop with their child’s 30-min class.
- Register volunteers or floor volunteers cannot ring up their personal purchases on a register. A second register volunteer or Ms. Jimenez must complete the transaction.
- Volunteers Procedures will be emailed to all registered volunteers and available at the book fair.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to provide a safe and exciting event for our school!
**The volunteer schedule will be located on the volunteer tab on this PTO website! Choose your spot beginning Friday, Sept 15th! Please ensure you have registered and been approved to volunteer at browardschools.com/volunteer. All volunteers must be approved by the county Raptor system to volunteer on campus. There are no exceptions.