In addition to our weeklong events, we will have several other special events and activities….
• HAT Day (Monday, February 26th) Students are encouraged to wear a hat pertaining to reading. Our thought is a “Dr. Seuss Hat” since his birthday is during the week. But any hat that relates to a book or reading is great!
• Button Day: (Tuesday, February 27th) Students should wear buttons that celebrate reading & have words on them. It will be fun to see what buttons have been lurking in drawers and on countertops at your home! The library will be giving everyone a button as well.
• Read My Shirt Day (Wednesday, February 28th) students are encouraged to wear a shirt with readable print on or over their SSA (standard school attire).
• DEAR Day (Thursday, March 1st) Everyone at Eakin will “drop everything and READ” for 20 minutes sometime during the day. Please check with your child’s teacher for their specific time.
• Book Character Parade: (Friday, March 2nd) We will celebrate by having a Book Character Parade! Students are encouraged to dress up as a book character (NOT a TV or movie character). It is helpful if your student can bring the book to carry in the parade. We will parade through the school shortly after announcements so parents are invited to stay and watch the parade in the gym. Please plan on staying so that you can see all the classes, Kindergarten through 4th, proudly march through the gym celebrating books!